Sunday, October 07, 2012

And....We're Back...sort of

A few months ago, I closed a site that had encouraged me to write - about everything - due to waning interest. Constraints of time, dissatisfaction with the format and well, some imagined intimidation at being 'judged' for your work (which I like actually) caused interest to dwindle. Since then, a few of us have been flailing in the world of writing and miss the challenge and contributions. My point? The Tenth Daughter of Memory is returning and this is as good a place as any to let you know that JeffScape has decided to attempt a relaunch of sorts.

However... things have changed.

The new system in mind provides longer periods of both submitting and voting, as well as limits the types of entries a specific Muse will accept.  The system, so far, looks wonderful on paper, but it is obvious to those involved that said system will undoubtedly run into problems.

Which means what, exactly?

Which means that, starting in November, The Tenth Daughter of Memory is going to launch a 3-cycle "beta test" to try out the next system, with the hopes of having a full relaunch in time for the "4th Annual River of Mnemosyne"  challenge.

The beta test will be all-volunteer and done in private, and, well, we need volunteers.

Anyone interested in either participating or administrating, please email us at 10thDoM@gmail.com.

Having written bugger all for the last few months, I for one am delighted that it's being revived. Bigger, better, simpler? Who knows but it's one helluva ride. Come join in the fun.

6 comments:

PattiKen said...

That's odd... I posted a comment earlier, but... poof!

Good for Jeff. It sounds like he took the comments of former participants to heart. I'm optimistic.

River said...

I'm not a writer, so don't look for contributions from me. I don't even know what Mnemosyne is! But I'm happy for you, that this is being revived and I hope it goes well.

California Girl said...

Hi Helen! Whatever you do, we're just glad you're back.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

Hello Helen, how are you. This is oceangirl calling from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia :)

Unknown said...

It's so nice to hear that. Thanks for sharing with us.
Anna @ sewa mobil jakarta