Friday, December 07, 2007

Indulge Me

Boring post today . . . I have been playing with my new toy around the back yard. A Canon EOS 400D 10 mp Digital SLR. I know about six buttons and have browsed 2 menus. I have worked out the focus and how to upload photos to my PC. I haven't a clue what the ISO button or the WB or Jump buttons do but I'm getting there. I've played with my big lens and definitely had a Nananoo moment "Whoooaa!" There's nothing terribly interesting to photograph today except rabbits and magpies so I might go out and catch some birdies with the boofy lens early tomorrow morning. My apologies in advance for the self indulgence but it's my blog, bla bla . . .


A fencepost without a fence . . .

Gardenia - the hedge smells wonderful in summer!


Robyin Gordon Grevillia, just bout to bloom

The Lily Pad

Plumbago

Patterson's Curse

Funny what you find lying around the garden!

Close up of seed balls on Liquidamber
(This is the tree that sheds into my pool every July/August)

"Awwww rirrypirrry helping to put up the schparkly rights . . . the bewfulls bewfulls"
. . . sorry, she has that effect on me.

12 comments:

Excellent Adventures said...

Aw Mum, they're lovely photos! Good job we have decent subject matter in our garden!

Baino said...

I KNOW I feel all Ned Flandersy. . .they're so okely dokely and diddley piddley and fandoodly . . .I'm having such fun I forgot to have lunch! Apparently I need a 58mm UV filter and a lens hood as well and a case and a tripod and a remote and a . . .

Excellent Adventures said...

Yeah you'll need a UV lens for protection - you always need protection! But put whatever you want on a Christmas List cos people are asking! No wooden spoons for you this year!

Unknown said...

Not too shabby ;) Have fun! And as Clare said, always use protection.

Anonymous said...

Did you get a new camera?
:)

Anonymous said...

WOW MOST IMPRESSED! I want to see MORE!!!! Is 'The Lily Pad' after your ducks were finished with your pool?

Baino said...

Ryan: thanks for the lens cover and hood tip and I hope you take your own advice youngling?

Aww Brian . . you know I did . . it's even Brianproof. Seriously! You can come over and have a play!

Anon: I am a long way from your incredible skills, your royal birdiness but took some White Winged Chuffs and a Maggie this arvo plus bathing ducks and Cheeky Charlies with the Keanau "Woaaaa" lens on sports mode so I'll see how they pan out tomorrow. The rain has been keeping our birds at bay. How much fun is this? Waaaaaaaa!

Anonymous said...

Excellent photos Baino, that's some backyard you have.

grannymar said...

Baino at this rate JD will have to move over. ;)

I thought that a 'Robyin Gordon Grevillia' was some kind of creepy crawlie! I was waiting for it to jump!

Jefferson Davis said...

Baino, I am soooooo freaking jealous!!! Gorgeous shots! I love the flowers!!! Magnificent composition and lighting as well! WooHoo....

Geezz...Between you and Vanilla, I don't have a chance! :)

Baino said...

JD: I don't think you have much to worry about. You're my muse, not my competition! (Don't tell anyone but I 'm still on 'auto')

Unknown said...

I loved the first shot and the one with the axe in the log - stunning! And of course LilyDawg is just gorgeous! Please give her a snuggle from me.