Monday, January 24, 2011

Friday Suckwit

NB: I forgot to post it, sitting in edit all weekend GAH!

Well after a week of angst, tantrums, worry and stress, floods in Queensland and Victoria, server hassles at work and my swimming pool going green overnight - I think we could all do with a little  lovin' down under - er no that didn't sound right but . .whatever you're partial to, a passionate moment can lead to big trouble: 

 A woman was temporarily partially paralysed by a love bite on her neck from her amorous partner, doctors reported in the New Zealand Medical Journal.
The 44-year-old New Zealand woman went to the emergency department of Middlemore Hospital in Auckland last year after experiencing loss of movement in her left arm while watching television.
Doctors concluded the woman had suffered a mild stroke but were puzzled about its cause until they found a small vertical bruise on her neck - a love bite or hickey - near a major artery.
She had received the love bite a few days earlier.
"Because it was a love bite there would be a lot of suction," one of the doctors who treated her, Teddy Wu, told the Christchurch Press.
"Because of the physical trauma it had made a bit of bruising inside the vessel. There was a clot in the artery underneath where the hickey was."
Dr Wu says the clot dislodged and travelled to the woman's heart where it caused a minor stroke that led to the loss of movement.
"We looked around the medical literature and that example of having a love bite causing something like that hasn't been described before," he said.
The medic said the woman recovered after being treated with an anti-coagulant.

And you thought falling into the gutter was dangerous! So my darlings, if you're up for a bit of suction action make sure you're gentle wherever you put your kisser. Have a wonderful weekend. That pool had better be crystal by the morning, we're in for a hottie.

24 comments:

River said...

aha! I knew there was a reason I've never liked hickeys. I think I've had one in my entire life and I remember being glad that it wasn't visible. I think they look ugly.

Tom said...

whoa! this is a case for Dr. House!
Give yourself honorable mention for forgetting to post--i wouldn't have a coronary over it

Brian Miller said...

oh my...need to be a bit more careful in my amorous endeavors...smiles.

Anonymous said...

Friday Fuckwit just gets better and better Baino. Where do you get them? Green pool??

grannymar said...

I know somebody with ulnar palsy right now and he is wearing a collar. Hmmmm! I wonder now....?

Roy said...

Yup, sex can be dangerous to your healthy. There was a story in the news about a year and a half ago about a group of kids - they heard the sounds being made by an energetic couple in the apartment above them and thought somebody was being killed up there. So they burst into the apartment, dragged the guy off the woman, and beat the poor guy to withing an inch of his life with a baseball bat. You can read about it here.

jay said...

Ahahahahahaha! Yes indeedy. When I was a teenager I was given the mother of all hickeys which swelled to the size of an egg and seriously impeded movement (yes it was on my neck - in the angle between neck and shoulder. I meant 'movement in my arm!').

After that I gave would-be hicky-makers a little bit of a lecture if they got carried away. LOL!

I hope your pool clears up!

Carolina said...

That story even made the newspapers over here. Amazing. Not that it made the newspapers, but the story in itself.

nick said...

Goodness, what an extraordinary chain of events. I've never been keen on love bites myself, but I didn't realise they could be a matter of life or death!

Kath Lockett said...

My sister-in-law was rushed to hospital suffering what they thought was a minor stroke but is actually Bells Palsy. Maybe I should ask her what she was doing the night before.....?

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Hmmmmm, who woulda thought???

Janice said...

Yikes! What next?!! Another great fuckwit...better late than never.

PattiKen said...

Is nothing safe anymore? Yikes.

kj said...

i'll take my chances with passionate love bites! i mostly mean it!

i can't imagine you and your pool while i see nothing but snow and temps below 0 degrees F! even stella can't stay outside for long. brrrrr! but i'm planning a quick to california in march, and that thought warms me up.

take care and have fun, sweet friend. xoxox!

Betsy Brock said...

No more hickeys near major arteries! LOL!

Megan said...

I haven't had lips that close to anything vital in forever. Not that I'm asking for a stroke, or anything...

;)

Anonymous said...

wow bloody hell!:)

Betty said...

Blimey! Better warn my daughters ;)

Green pool? We need pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hehe, now I consider being in relationship as an extreme sport.

laughingwolf said...

kinda slow, baino... i posted about this some time ago :P lol

kj said...

i miss seeing your replies here on your blog.

just sayin....

:O)

Anonymous said...

Take a gander at this true story Helen.I had the mother of all hickeys on my neck,as a 17 year old. A goose flew from nowhere down into our suburban back yard. Amazed, I picked it up. It went for my neck and held on tight.Trying to extracate it just made it worse. Parents thought it was hilarious. Boss at work was not impressed with the tarty look on the office junior with the story from la la land.
Worse part was in was a damn ugly goose and it never called back.

rummuser said...

Since the beginning of November last year, I have been forced to wear a cervical collar for a slipped discc and ulnar palsy. After one of your readers, no great thing to guess who, has been teasing me about the 'real reason'.

Darlene said...

The changing slang vocabulary caused my daughter to be really shocked when she heard me refer to a hickey. When I was a teenager we called pimples hickeys. I didn't know the terminology had changed and the word now meant love bites. When I talked about having a hickey the shocked look on my daughter's face as she said "Mother!!!' told me times had changed.