Thursday, February 17, 2011

Isn't She Lovely

I haven't much time tonight, it's "Wine Club" but I'm not supposed to talk about "Wine Club" but I've just heard that my wonderful Mother In Law has been admitted to hospital with Angina and heart complications. Just the right side of 80 she is amazing. Fit . . still plays Tennis every week and goes to aerobics and Zumba would you believe but has been suffering pain for a few days. They shipped her off to Brisbane Waters Private Hospital on the Central Coast of NSW and next week she'll be flown (I guess) down to Sydney's North Shore Private for a double bypass operation. I can't believe it's her frankly. The Groovy Grannies as she and husband Arthur are known, are fastidious about their diet and exercise but the old arteries are clogging up and she needs the operation.


Good luck to you my darling. In one way, I'm really glad that you're coming to Sydney for the operation, I worry about those regional hospitals although I'm sure I need not. Her surgeon is good, her family are around and we just hope that this sorts her Angina and that she recovers to Zumba another day.


Isn't she lovely:

15 comments:

Grannymar said...

Wow! I hope I look as well when I get to that age. Good vibes winging their way for Groovy Granny!

Brian Miller said...

have fun at that thing you are not supposed to mention...best wishes and hope for the charming young lady...smiles.

Kate Hanley said...

My father in law just had triple bypass surgery. It went exceedingly well although he did develop arithmea (can't spell, sorry) after. Turns out, most patients develop it after the surgery. Good luck to your mother in law.

Carolina said...

She's looking good. Best wishes to her. Being as fit as she is, she'll probably heal quickly :-)

Gledwood said...

You know Kiwi women are pretty full-on from what I rememver. Would give American girlie girls a run and a half for their $$$$$$$$$$s!

PLEASE do me a favour and explain whether I am or am not psycho you really are confusing me. I thought I was hearing voices. Do you think I wasn't? The doc doc seemed to think these voices were really fascinating and asked how many, do they talk to me or each other etc, so I don't get what you mean. Did you think I was just lying? That is what gets me I try very carefully to be 100% accurate and truthful and now you of all people seem to be calling me a liar and it does my head in please explain!

Mrsupole said...

Oh my goodness, have a glass for me of the unmentioned liquid.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone for your Mom-in-law. I know close you are to her. She has so much energy and from past stories seems to lead a very active life which should make recovery so much easier then someone who does not. Zumba seems like a fun thing to do but also looks like a real workout, so it seems odds will be in her favor. She and hubby always seem so young and may we all be so blessed to be like them someday.

I will say a prayer for her and please keep us updated. May a peacefulness be upon you all during this time.

God bless.

laughingwolf said...

get well quick, granny! :)

Betsy Brock said...

Wow...isn't she gorgeous and so young looking! Hope the surgery goes well. Love and prayers...

California Girl said...

Hi Baino! She certainly does look fit. She's playing tennis @ 80? Wowee. There are a few around here who can do that but not many. I can't even play until I have my knee replaced (hopefully in the Spring). Is the artery thing hereditary? I mean, if she exercises & watches her diet, there aren't many more explanations I'm thinkin'.

Kath Lockett said...

My fingers are crossed for her and I'm more than a little jealous that you have such a loving relationship with your in-laws too :)

Anonymous said...

She is.Hope she'll be ok.

River said...

Your mum-in-law certainly is a lovely lady, such a happy face!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for her.

Bimbimbie said...

Best wishes to your mil - she'll be up and teaching you some of her Zumba moves in no time*!*

Ces Adorio said...

God bless your mother in law. She is lovely indeed! Tsup!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Best wishes for your sweet MIL. Lovely lady. Update will you? Tell her your blog friends are concerned for her.

No blog post about Wine Club? Why!? (she whines!) I wanna be in the Wine Club too!