Monday, June 06, 2011

Bali Boy (Language Advisory)

After two weeks of empty nestdom an immaculate house and an empty fridge, the whirlwind that is my son returned from 2 weeks holiday in Bali. Now you or I might bring back duty free perfume, a few sarongs and perhaps a batik wall hanging or two but no . . my son buys me an ashtray. Not a tasteful little glass number but one shaped inappropriately and one that cannot be put on display anywhere other than here. One that even the Customs Officers, dubbed their 'catch of the day'


For the photo only . . never to be used again!
Now really! I ask you!



Oh but there was other booty! Bumper stickers that nobody would have the courage to display on their car, sarongs (yeh well they were rather nice), rip off fragrance, 4 pairs of sunnies, 4 wallets about a dozen gaudy peaked caps, 2 pairs of jeans, a backpack and travel bag, copious amounts of beer holders (we like our beer cold so they insulate your fingins . . well . . . need I say more. Thank you darling for thinking of me but I'd rather have a 'real' one. There, I said it.

26 comments:

JeffScape said...

F'ing brilliant.

Brian Miller said...

hehe. um, so it not only gives you reasone to smoke but a place to put your ash....

Kate Hanley said...

love it.

Janice said...

Ha! What a collection! I especially like the bumper stickers about driving, though I'd never have the nerve to put one on my car.

nick said...

The clothes look nice, but the rest....oh dear.

grannymar said...

Well now, you cannot say the prezzies were boring!

Grannymar

kj said...

holy holy moley hells!

the prude in me can only send a tsup! and a ♥

Tom said...

hehe

Vicky said...

Only a boy can show love for his mother in this way LOL

River said...

Ummmm..........
Errr......
I have to go..
I'm late for........something...
Bye now.

Megan said...

Adam rocks.

Sarah Lulu said...

Hahaha a male work mate went to Bali last year and bought me (and all the other females in the office) a carved wooden keyring in exactly that same theme!

laughingwolf said...

rotflmao!

Carolina said...

Hilarious and very disturbing at the same time. Is this the boy who's about to get married? These must have been his last spasms as an 'single' guy. He'll grow over it. One day. Probably not soon.
I would consider the ashtray a good reason to stop smoking.
You could of course use it as a nut-dish when you have guests ROFL

Anonymous said...

Well that's your family sorted out for presents for Christmas, birthdays, next Christmas...

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Perhaps you can start an e-store... -J

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Hmmmmm, what a lovely gift???


BWA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

PattiKen said...

What??? You mean I shouldn't have mine out on the coffee table?

i beati said...

i am crazy about the sarong materials very perky My clothes are quite dull and I must do something about it .

Anonymous said...

And same prezzies for Grandma??? Actually there are a few very elderly seniors I know (who should really surrender their licence) who would love that bumper sticker "If you don't like my driving call 1800 eat shit".You'd do a double-take in the aged care complex car park wouldn't you!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Baino, you're a tonic. No doubt about it.

Mim said...

gotta love that kid

Kath Lockett said...

Sweet Jesus on a vespa - don't put 'em on facebook...!

Still, I do love a nice sarong....

Mo said...

lol!

Adam B said...

shes very angry coz i gave the ashtray to a friend ( who would generally appreciate it as a cock ashtray) as mum didnt use it as an ashtray except for the frst time..... it sat as a peice on her book shelf siting proud, which i felt unusual about...



justifyingly i learnt a lesson (how do u spell that word?)


dont buy your mother imitation penis'

R.H. said...

How intelligent.