Friday, June 03, 2011

Friday Dropwit

Well I for one am glad this week is over. A horrible interview experience and the feedback from failed attempts is that I am rather 'abrupt'. Two interviews in torrential Sydney failed to produce results. However, my rep with an agency that I've worked with before has me hired on Monday as EA/Project Assistant with a huge minerals company in Australia so wish me luck. I'll have to temper my personality and become a little more submissive but hey . . I can be what you want me to be. Oh yeah baby . . just tell me what you want. 


Although had 2 lovely evenings with the only woman I'll ever sleep with more about that tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to my son's return from Bali. It was great for a week but I've missed his bones this week. 


Our dropwit is brought this week by Jeffscape, who's had his eye on the ball while I've been stressing and irritable . . a ball takes precedent over a kid who gets the drop while dad attempts to make a catch at . . . a foul ball?




Aww poor little mite. And he didn't make the catch.  


Have a good weekend my lovelies.  Out shopping for mother of the groom gear on Saturday and a 50th celebration on Sunday so . . ready to start fresh on Monday. Oh and I'm attempting to give up the nurrells so wish me luck. They thought I was abrupt last week? Wait until I go five days without a cigarette! Banshees of the world unite.

8 comments:

River said...

You're entering the quit zone?
Good luck.
Seriously. I wish you good luck. I've known people who try to quit. Some make it, some don't. I know one who says he knows he should, but he just loves to smoke, so probably never will.

So good luck, and be nice to potential employers.

Roy said...

Good luck with quitting! I did 11 years ago and never regretted it.

JeffScape said...

Cool kids keep smoking.

Light up!

Brian Miller said...

best wishes on the quitting...and yikes dads got butter fingers on both accounts...

laughingwolf said...

quit when i started hacking blood... not gone back... no longer hacking blood....

Janice said...

Luck to you on all counts: the mother of the groom shopping, the quitting, the job search. It's always something, isn't it?

Kath Lockett said...

Best of luck with it, Baino.

You deserve a shitload of luck right now. Hugs to you!

PattiKen said...

You're way too smart to listen to what he says. Only people with a death wish (preceded by a lot of pain and suffering) keep smoking. "Cool kids" know better. And a strong woman like you? You'll kick that nasty habit right on its ass.