Friday, June 03, 2011

Vivid Sydney

It's been on before but I've never been, Vivid Light Festival. Despite the current debate about a 'carbon' tax, the electricity was burning hard and fast as Sydney landmarks are lit, flamed and art installments featuring fluorescence placed strategically around Circular Quay, the main Ferry Terminal.  Clare and I ventured in on a cool but pleasant winter's Thursday to check it out. Had an awesome dinner that I can't afford (thank God for credit cards) at Pony and drinks at the Opera Bar. Pretty cool huh? Of course the centrepiece was the Opera House with moving designs projected on it's sails, just gorgeous. 




Customs House redecorated in 20 minutes


Did you know that the plural of Octopus is Octopusses?




Posh "Pony" awesome but expensive


Petit fors - Passionfruit jelly, Green Tea Chocolate Truffles and Lemon Shortbread
Choreographed Fire and the Opera House all lit up


Blue loop? But aint it shparkly


Love this girl and her surrounds


Orange sails past sunset


She is a mighty canvas
Interactive steps
 
Er fluoro people
 This is Customs house. My video conked out due to a full CF card so thanks to whoever for the visual.












See why I love my city- magical. . have to go . . .ferry to catch.

22 comments:

Baino said...

awesome

grannymar said...

You girls certainly know how to party!

Grannymar

hokgardner said...

That is so awesome, said in a high, squealing voice.

00dozo said...

Great pics! And that video was totally mind blowing! Well worth paying for the carbon tax, I'd say.

(I couldn't get the second one. Eh, no worries.)

Brian Miller said...

nice. some wicked cool sights...i thought i was octopi? hehe...that fire trick is pretty cool...

laughingwolf said...

coolios...

all the rainbow colors come into play with pride month, too, all of june... celebrated worldwide... even obama made note of it....

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

interesting idea for a festival

California Girl said...

Customs House is a wonderful visual. Love the sounds too.

Ferris Wheel video is "blocked by the UMG in this country"

You sure live in a cool place.

Tom said...

wonder why the second one is blocked in the states? Very awesome light show...i'll be passing that along!

Janice said...

Wow, Baino...dazzling photos of the lights. Fabulous colors. And Pony. The food looks amazing.

Siobhan said...

Customs House looks just amazing!!

nick said...

I love the light effects on the Opera House. Amazing.

River said...

The Opera House lights are just beautiful! And I like the interactive staircase too. I wish I'd seen it live.
excuse me now while I go and stir my spaghetti sauce....

Anonymous said...

Godd photos.

Kate Hanley said...

I thought the plural was Octopi but what do I know. The Opera House is soooo coooool. I attended an opera there once about 10 years ago now. Awesome structure but it looks even better with the lights on it.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Wow! Magical IS an understatement! What a GRAND time!

kj said...

no doubt totally awesome, hells. someone was telling me about sidney last week: how beautiful and laid back it is. maybe i will visit you someday after you visit me :^)

these photos are fantastic. keep snapping, please.

xoxo
kj

PattiKen said...

That is so amazing. If I were standing watching that Custom's House show, I'd be crying. Wow.

hapi said...

Hi Baino, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Wisewebwoman said...

the next best thing to being there. Wow!
XO
WWW

Sarah Lulu said...

OMG I was feeling pretty pleased with the photos I just posted on my blog until I saw yours! GLORIOUS !!!!

ashleigh said...

Hey Baino! We missed ya!

My and The Lady Of The House were in Sydney. She heard Vivid was on again this year and so we came over for the weekend. Spent a couple of cool evenings wandering about in the dark, ate fish at Doyles (city and Watsons Bay... gluttons for good fishies) - and took some photos too.

Send an email and I'll send you a link to the best of the best.