Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Paris and the Presets
I'm rather lazy taking up meme tags and frankly I've forgotten who tagged this one, I think it started as 7 things, then 5 now it's petered down to 3. Yep, I'm slowly getting into relaxation mode. Ticking boxes at work, getting sorted, almost finished the painting, brought the horses home (God they add to the view and after tomorrow's wash I may post photos of the white wonders), getting the pool into shape, thinking about our Christmas day menu and ready to finally tackle those three 30% read books on my nightstand which have remained collecting dust all year . . .looking Sooooo forward to meeting Nickhearandnow on Sunday and having another little ex-blogger over in January . . .so intellectual laziness leads to memes (not really I think they're pretty fun).
THREE NAMES YOU GO BY:
3. Nellie (don't ask, my father called me Little Nell all his life and it stuck!)
THREE PHYSICAL THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF:
1. Eyes, brown, warm and I have long eyelashes
2. Strength, I'm not afraid of hard work and can pitch in with the best of them.
3. Lips, they're nice and even and not to shabby
THREE PHYSICAL THINGS YOU DON’T LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF:
2. Weight, I don't know how it got to this and getting it off is ... *sigh*
3. How everything points south like an Elizabethan glass window pane, you know, where the glass is thicker at the bottom.
THREE PARTS OF YOUR HERITAGE:
3. Irish (although I can't prove that apart from my maiden name)
THREE THINGS THAT SCARE YOU:
1. Fires, they so easily get out of control
2. Being lonely
3. Being taken forgranted
THREE OF YOUR EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS:
1. Cigarettes . . .ah, I'm trying, very trying
3. Deodorant and perfume . . I like to smell nice.
THREE THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:
1. Silver Havianas skinny strap thongs . .(which apparently is pronounced 'habianass' only you say the 'h' as if you're clearing your throat) Ooh I love em, even more since I found out they're made in Brasil
2. Black fold top lycra and cotton yoga pants, uber, uber comfy
3. White T Shirt (newbie bought by the MIL on the weekend, but It won't stay white.)
THREE OF YOUR FAVOURITE MUSICAL ARTISTS:
1. Peter Gabriel
2. Birds of Tokyo
3. This is too hard, I have very eclectic taste. We're listening to 2WS Gold at work and I know all the songs but I'm a Triple J alternative listener and don't know any of the words - um . . .today . . Santana - their music never ages.
THREE OF YOUR FAVOURITE SONGS AT THE MOMENT:
1. Birds of Tokyo - Wild Eyed Boy
2. Girl Talk - What's it All About
3. Don't Worry 'bout Nothin - Murph and Plutonic
THREE THINGS YOU WANT IN A RELATIONSHIP:
1. He must be breathing
THREE PHYSICAL THINGS ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX THAT APPEAL TO YOU:
2. Height (must be over 172cm - i.e. taller than me)
3. Great hugs - I mean those big wide, lift you off the ground, nuzzle your neck and blow raspberry type hugs!
THREE OF YOUR FAVOURITE HOBBIES:
2. Horse riding - but I haven't done it for a while although I adore mucking about with the things.
3. Writing (but I never share)
THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO REALLY BADLY RIGHT NOW:
1. Go on leave (three more sleeps)
2. Convince my daughter that a visiting 21 year old, whom I've never met, isn't an axe murderer
3. Tidy the kiddywink spreadage that's hit my dining table
THREE CAREERS YOU’RE CONSIDERING/YOU’VE CONSIDERED:
1. Archeology - love the idea of digging in the dirt and finding something that someone like me held hundreds or thousands of years ago.
2. Publican - I'd love a little country pub with home cooked counter meals and blue singleted bushies saying 'that was the best meat pie I've ever eaten luv" (wouldn't be hard)
3. To be the Benevolent Dictator of the world (I might need help from Thrifty, Maxi, K8 and a couple of others)
THREE PLACES YOU WANT TO GO ON VACATION:
1. PARIS . .for goodness sakes, PARIS, PARIS, PARIS (and Prague and Patagonia and Peru and Perth and Popocatepetl and Phnom Pen and . . .)
2. Czech Republic - Clare's photos of the place, particularly Prague, are nothing short of stunning and I want to drink 'real' Absynthe which is only available there
3. New Zealand - especially Murawai to visit Stan and the Insta Fam - oh dammit, the WORLD mwuhahaha!
THREE KIDS’ NAMES YOU LIKE:
3. Liam (actually there are a few Irish names I like - Darragh, Enda, Siobhan, Ciara . . .)
THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE:
1. Travel to . . PARIS
2. See my children happily getting on with life (but visiting regularly)
3. Sell my property which will lead to financial security and TRAVEL to . . . you guessed it - PARIS
THREE WAYS THAT YOU ARE STEREOTYPICALLY LIKE A GIRL:
1. Never go anywhere without a little lip gloss and mascara
2. Terribly good housewife. I cook , clean, wash, fold, blow (leaves boys, leaves) . . like a tidy place.
3. I hate it when the toilet seat is left up. Or men say the 'C' word in my presence. I have some standards.
THREE WAYS THAT YOU ARE STEREOTYPICALLY LIKE A BOY:
1. I swear like a trooper - except for THAT word
2. Love Top Gear but I'm not a car enthusiast
3. I can out-drink most of them (not proud, I just can)
No tags but if you get home from work late, can't be bothered fighting the sins of the world but feel the compulsion to post . . .go ahead.