Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday's are nice, they're sunny which is why they're called Sunday I guess. Today the in-laws came over for a barbie. 

Adam marinated chicken so tasty we ate it all and did weird herb infused lemony potato scallops. Grandma made a chocolate cake to die for and generally, all was good in the land of Oz.  

Ran into one of my bosses at the soccer, what a sweetheart. Kept Lily away from the balls  and managed to leave my mobile phone in the back of my in-laws' car so please don't try to call me for a couple of days.

Clare won her final and is now into the Grand Final next weekend although it's dicked her knees. 

 Sometimes it's the simple things that remind us life is good:


Our darling Grandma and Grandad 80 plus, lively, lovely and 2 months away from their 60th Wedding Anniversary.





Barbie boy. He's just awesome. Splash of lemon, sprinkle of pepper, garlic soy marinated chicken. 
He's a legend on the grill.


Gammy knee princess stretches . . .


Game on


Fancy feet

 
 Clare Bear, the lonely goaly . .



Apparently this is 'game faces', meant to intimidate the opposition. Yeah nice try pussycats. Except that one back right . . she's a toit like a toiger.


Goldmember: Dr. Evil, You look very toit. Yesh, toit like a toiger. Yesh Yesh Yesh.
Dr. Evil: You know, Goldmember? I don't think that's something one dude should say to another dude. Yeah. A little creepy. Mmhmm.

25 comments:

tony said...

English Football Players Have Similar Hand Gestures Only,In Their Case, It's To Grab Money !
Have A Fine Weekend Baino.

hokgardner said...

Looks like a lovely day. I'll be spending my sunday trying to convince my younguns to clean up their rooms.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Good times MOST CERTAINLY!

Your in-laws are a LOVELY and smart looking couple! Sixty years?? Amazing! Good for them.

We are HUGE football fans here...try to take in LOTS of games! The game faces are NOT TOO INTIMIDATING! ;)

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

Ahhhh... looks like a great weekend!

Brian Miller said...

nice...a barbie sounds like fun and congrats to her on teh success...great snaps baino!

Mim said...

god - 60 years! my folks almost made that but dad decided to check out 6 months before. either way - what an achievement. and your pictures are gorgeous - I assume that is your patio? It's so much fun to see everyone else houses, I love that.

happy sunday hells

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

They look very young for their ages!

e said...

Beautiful Sunday, Baino. Thanks for sharing!

Janice said...

What a happy Sunday...good times. I'm liking it.

Tom said...

hahaha. you have waaayyy too much fun. try to save some for the rest of us. luck in the upcoming matches!

steph said...

Could you please ask Grandma and Grandad what their secret is?

My old pair will be 60 years married in November... that is... if they make it that far!

We celebrate each week of their lives at this stage.

laughingwolf said...

yay, for the best outlaws! :)

perhaps barbie boy should become a chef?

Roy said...

The food sounds wonderful!

And with faces like that, it's a good thing Clare's team isn't up against any Kiwis - they do a fierce haka before each game that's bound to freeze the opposition in fear!

xxx said...

Sounds like a glorious Sunday to me.

x

R.H. said...

They sure frighten me.

I know what those nails can do.

kj said...

nothing better than this, honey hells.

my friend is having a good time,
my friend is having a good time!

her friend is very glad.

:)

River said...

Another wonderful weekend Chez Baino.
My own son (foil-wrapped whole rainbow trout)and the son-in-law too (chilli-ginger prawns)are wonderful barbie chefs. Men do seem to get really creative for barbecues don't they? Me, I'm just as likely to toss on a few dozen snags and leave it at that. Your in-laws look serenely happy.

Carolina said...

Your Sunday definitely looks better than ours. Rain rain rain and then... some more rain. And no yummy BBQ thingies going on either.
And girls who pull weird faces and still look gorgeous... I think I might hate them! (Not really. I'm just jealous.)

nick said...

Ha, don't think much of the game faces. They don't look nearly evil or malicious enough. They need a lot more practice....

JeffScape said...

Aw, shichya.

Jay said...

Ha! Love the footie faces! Well done to the Gammy Knee Princess!

Early congrats to the grandparents, too! 60 years ... we have a few to go yet!

Chicken sounds nice. Can I come over, next week? :D

i beati said...

It truly is the joy in simple things- Dr. said notenough circulation so I quit after a month - 5 injurioes 3 healed so far. Who would have thought??Looking again for somethig small to do. Are yiou loving your job??great pics

Alan Burnett said...

Heart-warming post Helen. And you must be heading in the direction of Spring now. Heart-warming and face warming.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics Helen. Looks like a wonderful relaxing day. First day of Spring tomorrow - yay!

Megan said...

Noice.