Monday, December 27, 2010

Silly Santas

Rear left to right: Safari Santa, Daft Punk Santa, Barbecue Santa. Front left to right: Sporty Santa, Bad Santa, Security Santa and Rockabilly Santa
It's a lot of hoo-har for a single day but the sun shone. Half our family was absent but that didn't stop the Bainos and Babysis from dressing up and behaving badly.  It always seems a little strange celebrating Christmas on a 27 degree day with blazing sunshine. We're not very traditional down here with food being tasty nibbly bits through the day, then a glazed ham and sweet, fragrant pear salad, potato bake and followed by a forest berry trifle. All washed down with copious amounts of Champagne and finished with a few Baileys on ice. Lubly. Of course, upon my return home, the rain's set in and my internet is behaving badly again. Hope yours was happy and safe.




Sporty Santa Struts her Stuff




Daft Punk Santa and Sexy Santa get their Robot Rock on
 
Safari Santa and Security Santa
 


Bad Santa lights up
 . . and drinks up




Mini mignon nibbles




Yum




Sexy Santa scores with BBQ Sauce . . she's addicted


Babysis does Kris Kringle


Me whingeing because I didn't do well at Christmas Trivia


Trying to be taller than Sexy Santa


Security Santa needed a little help
Nah that's not dinner


Bainos


Taylors


Yep there's always someone who has to turn his shorts into a bra. I guess it's marginally better than wearing them on your head!




Spoke too soon!

22 comments:

kylie said...

looks mad!
ie mad like the kids say, when it's good

Kathy G said...

Living in the Northern Hemisphere, it's always cold for Christmas. I'd LOVE to do it in warm weather!

Sarah Lulu said...

Gorgeous photos! Looks like a fun day .... Christmas does mean summer to me ...but one white Christmas would be nice !

Babysis said...

11 Lords a Leapin! Looks like fun fun fun. I must say one of the funnniest views was from my Kitchen window looking out on to a mass of Santas - excellent.

a. said...

Where is security santa looking exactly in that picture with sexy santa? Hmmm??

I have moved.

www.fifthelephant.wordpress.com

Roy said...

So many Santas, and so little time...

It looks like you had a very merry Christmas indeed!

Brian Miller said...

ha. looks like you had lots of fun...

Janice said...

Ha...what fun! And the food looks delicious.

nick said...

Funny, I thought there was only one Santa. Someone must have been telling me porkies.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Oh what fun it was!!! My!!! The Santa Posse is fantastic!

Your little tidbits looked DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Grannymar said...

Looks like it was a real fun day!

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

You people seem much too happy! I'll send you some snow and cold and that will settle you all down;-)

00dozo said...

Love those yummy yummies! I'll have to try those mignon bits.

Happy Holidays!

California Girl said...

Fun fotos and the hors d'ouerves looked amazing. I just had dinner out and would gobble them up were they in front of me. YUM is right!

Mim said...

you look adorable in red

Michael said...

you know, Baino, I dare say I;d be the same way if dealing with such warm weather on xmas day and so forth. lol. how fun it all looks like you had.

River said...

Pear salad?? Sounds yummy.
Recipe please? I love pears.

Your photos made me laugh, just what I needed.

laughingwolf said...

too much fun, y'all :P lol

tony said...

Best Wishes for 2011.Regards From Tony.

Dot-Com said...

How I would LOVE some of the heat from those pictures! Have a very Happy New year :)

PattiKen said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. And I'm with Janice, the food looks yummo!

Anonymous said...

Great photos Helen! Good times- that great combo of good food, great company and fine wines eh?