Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pure Schmulz

Just another day. Hey, how exciting can the life of a Practice Management come Marketing come Client Services Manager be? However it is UN Intenational Happiness Day, and I'm sure with the Pope's visit next week there will be plenty of soap box opportunities. So with all the shit going on in the world, it's an opportunity for self-indulgence. Hey, it's snowing in Capetown, the ducks have left my mirky pool, Jack Frost is visiting (although no drawing on windows like he did when I was a child) . It's Friday lunch with my best friend in the world tommorrow. I'm happy because my kid has a place to stay for a month among ponies, children and dogs . . .my other is bashing the bejesus out of his skins as I speak at The Bull and Bush.

I'm happy because I'm warm, fed and chardonnayed on a frosty night even though there's nothing on TV and my dog is at my feet emulating a pair of 35 kilogram slippers . . .so for one short window of opportunity, look to those you love, those you've lost, those you've lost touch with, those you care about, those who make you smile and make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. (Shuttup you skeptics). Special cheerio to ClareBear, Babysis, Thommo, Absolute Vanilla, ROFLOCOPTERLOLAPALOOZAMAN, Jefferson Davis, Bird Anonymous, Gaudium de Lingua, Grannymar, Jack McMadd, Damian,Thriftcriminal and everyone else on the blogroll, you know who you are. . . you're special and you make me happy! Thanks for sharing and remember, that beneath the rubble, it really is a wonderful world - at least for today . . .




Actually it may be schmulzy but I mean it!

14 comments:

Thriftcriminal said...

Backatcha :-)

Unknown said...

Well a student's life in the summer holiday isn't too interesting either.

laughingwolf said...

beauty, eh! ;) lol

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you pal! I am trying to play catch up here Hope i made it in time.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) said...

Ditto!

Bimbimbie said...

Hoping your happiness bursts forth at today's meeting and you get the outcome you're hoping for ... freedom to the lolly jar, THE most important place in any office ;)

kj said...

clap! clap! clap!

i'm just home from my own version of work and you've made me smile at the creativity of the universe, you included.

:)

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW Baino! I was thinking I needed a dog emulating a pair of slippers until kept reading - then watched the clip :)

BOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

That wasn't the right reaction was it? ;)

PS: Knock her dead today at the meeting!

Baino said...

Awww thanks Thrifty

Ropi: Enjoy your long school holidays,you'll miss them when they're gone!

LW: Love that clip!

GM: Nope, right on time! Hugs back busy girl

Quickie: You quoting from the movie "Ghost"?

Bimbimbie: she's on leave until Wednesday. This afternoon's meeting is with Jaime to develop a strategy for conflict resolution. I'm so up for it!

Thanks KJ . . I'll visit on the weekend. . . promise!

Anony: it's lovely isn't it. Been around a while but I never get tired of it. Believe me 35kilo furry slippers get a bit restrictive after a while!

Melissa said...

This morning Charlotte dragged me out of bed at 6 a.m. to show me that "St. Frost" had been to the bathroom window. Mind you, it was about 86 degrees F already and the "frost" was leftover moisture from Eli's shower. It was pretty cute. :) Hope you had a good one!

Anonymous said...

Awwww....Right back at ya, babe. :) Your post always make me laugh and smile. I don't comment on every one of them, because I have to keep up my tough/shy (those two words really don't go well together) persona. :)

Baino said...

Aww bless little Charlotte. I used to get into such trouble for finger painting on misty mirrors!

Thanks JD . . don't worry, I know what you mean and it's been a long time since anyone called me 'babe' haha!

Niall & Gaye said...

Aww, that was lovely.
I felt happy all day today, I think magical Sydney winter sun also has something to do with this feeling of mine. I mean it's so bloody cold in the morning and at night, oh those suuuunnnnny daaaaaaaaaaaays...
It is still beautiful out there.
Big huggles to you chicka.
Gx

Baino said...

Ello Turkish delight . .well c'mon over then and give us a hug fer real!