Here we go. Rules:
1) Mention the person who tags you.
2) List your six unimportant things that make you happy.
3) Tag six blogs by notifying them in a comment on their blog.
4) List the six on my blog.
4pm on a Saturday, clean house, washing done, garden tidy, nobody home . . .open a bottle, pour a glass . . bliss.
Hotel sheets . . I love a mini-break in a posh hotel, white crisp linen and a chocolate on the pillow. Can't wait to stay at the Windsor when we go to Melbourne at the end of the month. So oldy worldy and then there's high tea and eggs benedict for breakfast - happy claps!
Bear hugs from the son. These days, schmultzy 'I love you mummy' hugs are a thing of the past and have given way to farting competitions, hair ruffling and bottom slapping as terms of endearment. But every now and then, not often, I get a hug to melt the heart thanks to that big boofhead!
Clare and I at home together on our own. Great excuse for yummy food that Adam doesn't like . .Bouillabaise, mussels or even the humble rissole with onion gravy and creamy mashed potatoes . . .we once picnicked on the kitchen floor.
My dog . . every time I come home, she wiggles out to the car with a stick or a leaf or a piece of bark . .a special gift just for me and all she wants in return is a pat!
Managing the GHD straightener in just the right way so that my hair shines instead of frizzes without burning my fingers or forehead. I'm still practising that one!
Actually these ended up being quite important so here's another 'I can live without but love 'em' things:
So, onto the new list of six. Oh come on! You didn't think I could isolate just six of you. All play. Go on, you know you want to! Trust me, it's harder than it looks.
- Grand Marnier and Chocolate Almond Ice Cream - straight from the shops after it's melted a bit. I only buy it once in a blue moon and only ever skim the top couple of inches. It's gone by the time I remember it's in the freezer - Adaaaaaaam!
- Skinny dipping on a hot summer's night, then lying on the bed all cool and dewey
- Flowers on the kitchen bench. Big Lillies or long-stemmed Iris . .usually bought by me but so pretty in a cylindrical, dead plane vase
- Going to the hairdressers. It's such a rare occurrence but lovely to come back shampooed, coloured and cut and feeling like a film star. If only it would last!
- Eating with my fingers - chicken wings, prawns, ribs . . food you can't eat out but can make a right pig of yourself eating at home! Clearly all those years of being told to 'hold your knife and fork properly' have given me huge guilt about using fingers anywhere other than in the privacy of my own home!
- That first cup of Irish Breakfast tea with milk and one in the morning . .my day doesn't start right without it.