Now anyone who knows me, also knows that this is totally out of character as I'm a total clean freak (bloody impossible endeavour on five acres I tell you). But anyone who knows me also knows that I'm not much of a 'baker' so the most my oven sees is garlic bread (Adam's addicted) the odd pizza and the Sunday Roast . . still, it was, I am ashamed to say, filthy to the point where I almost contemplated scrapping it and buying a new one.
To cut a long story short, I have spent the best part of my gloriously sunny afternoon washing horse rugs and cleaning the oven. Not in any particular order! And yep, the washing soda is working but this laborious pursuit prevented my Sunday excursion being anything more than a trip to the supermarket. Such is my life of excitement!
So in the absence of any pretty pics or Q Station adventures . . .I give you 12 things about me.
Why 12? Because Nicole over at Super Bloginess and Ribbon at Fragments Treasures Memory tagged me with the same meme "Six Things About You" so here goes. I'm not going to tag anyone for fear of being accused of favouritism, and you know I loves yous all, but feel free to run with it . . unless that is, I've guilted you into cleaning your oven!
I tell you if Adam as much as puts a single piece of grated cheese in that oven I'll kill him . . . slowly!
- I am outwardly a very confident and assertive person, inwardly I'm introspective and incredibly insecure
- I cannot stand doing anything by myself other than taking photographs which suit solitude. Even then, I always have my dog with me. So in reality, I am never alone.
- I always wanted a shimmery, schparkly, backless dress like one I saw Shirley Bassey wear about 30 years ago, almost exposing a hint of bum cleavage. Sadly, I don't have the figure or that lovely coffee toned skin for it.
- I love alternative rock music but for the life of me can never remember the name of the song or who sung it and am forever singing riffs to Clare and asking her "Who sings this song and what's it called". She's very patient.
- I hate bras, even pretty, sexy ones. (not that they make many in my size! I am cursed with big norgs) Bras are uncomfortable, unnatural and I can't wait to whip it off the minute I get home. Over shoulder boulder holders give me the shits. Oh and I've never been able to do them up at the back. I'm a front-fastener.
- When the new job finally comes through, I'm going to have hypnotherapy to try to give up smoking and just hope I don't break into the chicken dance whenever someone says "What's for dinner?" Then again it could be a good daily exercise regime.
- I love the stinky pooey, grassy-breathed, sweaty smell of horses . . really it's intoxicating. Although recently I read that you're supposed to 'clean' your grey gelding's crusty penis with vegetable oil in order to prevent melanoma . . .Oh God . . what will the 'neigh'bours think (pun intended), me on my milking stool rubbing an Arab's willy with olive oil! Big issue is, I know he'll actually like it!
- I love that I can sit at my computer with all the doors and windows open, in little more than a pair of yoga pants and a T shirt on, with, 12 inch skinks skitting across the room, Butcher Birds having their tree-to-tree arguments, pretty grey and pink galahs grazing in the back garden and the sound of Lorikeets in the trees. Sunday BLISS! The only thing lacking is the odd grey kangaroo! We're too urban for the marsupials here.
- I think I have Agony Aunt written on my forehead but strangely, I like it when people confide in me, and they do! It's very flattering and I hope I can help because I have an overactive empathy gland
- I am trying to work out what my 'passion' is. I haven't felt 'real' joy for a long time. I'm happy, generally, very happy, but not joyful.
- I miss my dad more than I miss my husband . . is that bad?
- I do like to pick my nose . .but not in public and I wipe it on a tissue . . well you asked!
How Awesome is this woman!