Monday, July 26, 2010

Aroma Festival

Quite a busy weekend this weekend past as the state of my house will testify. The only cleaning I've done is the bathrooms and a couple of loads of washing still hanging soggy on the line but, after lunch with some old friends on Saturday, normally my cleaning and faffing about day, I backed up on Sunda for another day out.  I packed up the camera, met Clare and a couple of friends in The Rocks and attended the Aroma Festival. Essentially coffee, tea and gourmet delights, cultural music and dance from the larger tea and coffee producing countries and a generally fine day out apart from having to flee a male belly dancer who was quite insistent about dragging me on stage . . ran like a rabbit . . hot tip ladies, don't wear a red coat in a crowd of grey, you stand out like a sore . . .um . . . belly dancer!




The old Coathanger . . visible just about everywhere

European Ensemble



Grinders Coffee replicate Marilyn Munroe in coffee cups


Cupcakes for Jeffscape


New Season Cherries and Apple Juice

Gourmet Wraps with Barbecue Atlantic Salmon



Floral Fruits


Whirling Dirvishes

Taste of Brasil

Turkish Fortunes


Male Belly Dancer?


Japanese Drummers (look at those bodies ladies, just look!)

Ok fellas, spot the freckle

25 comments:

Brian Miller said...

like a sore belly dancer...lol.
looks like fun...
and on the right?

hokgardner said...

Looks like tons of fun. And Baby Elizabeth loved the pictures. She's sitting on my lap "helping" me read blogs.

Roy said...

Well, that certainly looks like a great way to spend a Sunday! And I believe that freckle is on her right cheek.

Janice said...

Fun! I love the Marilyn portrait done in coffee cups.

RA said...

Just the kind of an event I'd love love love. Wonderful images, thanks for sharing. :)

kj said...

this looks like total fun, hells.

since i can be a prude, i will say that the breasts of the woman on the right are QUITE exposed, wouldn't you agree? and there is a little ass i didn't expect either.

wow! this is definitely not a church convention!

love love
keep having fun.

Grannymar said...

Great photo walk! I need to go find some colourful views. ;)

Darlene said...

You really have a lot of fun festivals in your neck of the woods. Thank you for a glimpse into a fun day.

If my husband were alive I would never be able to drag him away from the Brazilian misses.

Anonymous said...

This must have been so cool and your pictures are amazing as usual!Have a great week.

Tom said...

cripes, isn't it winter there? these naked people dont seem to mind! cheers!

Mike said...

BV might kick my ass if I look for that freckle! LOL

laughingwolf said...

delightful treats :)

Carolina said...

I'm giving hubs a Japanese drum for his next birthday ;-)

Just love all these photos! They give a real good taste of what this festival was like. Poor you, having to leave the house in a mess to go and enjoy some cupcakes and bellydancers (admit that you secretly love to get on stage and that's why you want to be the only one with a red coat). Life can be so difficult sometimes. lol

River said...

Wow! That's some festival!!
Looks like a great day out. Did you get your fortune read by the Turkish guy?
I love the floral fruit basket.
And the Japanese drummers. Mmmm

Anonymous said...

Nope, can't find the freckle. Must be losing it!!

Kath Lockett said...

That coffee reader guy looks like Paul Kelly (the singer, not the ex-Sydney Swans player) when he's not doing his day job!

Unknown said...

What stunnings shots! Particularly like your photo of the bridge, not the angle one usually sees and so, very refreshing! Looks like it was a grand day out!

i beati said...

didn't know you were a dancer on the side??I am nervous about my new job--sk

Bimbimbie said...

Looks like a colourful sunday, shame there was none of the red coated woman and the male belly dancer ;)

nick said...

Well, I stripped her off and examined every inch of her body with my magnifying glass, but I still couldn't find that freckle. I'll have to start again.

Louise Bowers said...

These photos are so full of life, they're fantastic. I even felt the wedgie.

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos Baino! I've done a link to your post.Cups galore here, whether a coffee mug art "a la Marilyn" , or cups of a generous bra size! If you've got it flaunt it they say, and not a goose-bump in sight! Wonder if the Dervish man thought "I couldn't decide whether to perform or not at the Sydney Aroma festival, but I thought may as well give it a whirl".

Jeannette StG said...

The European ensemble was most interesting to me - especially the women who played the sax and the ...? Seems to me the women in the other pics are starved for attention - poor girls! (a female's perspective!)

Wally The Walrus said...

Your photos just blow me away with their composition and clarity.

Keep it up!

Warm Coco said...

omg I found the freckle.