Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Snaptober

OK it doesn’t have the arty ring created by The Moon Topples which is now showcasing some incredibly talended photographers from the blogosphere. I am shamed by my lack of technical knowledge and ability to choose an appropriate subject, let alone my ineptness at handling a digital camera, so I haven’t joined the Phoctober crew, I just browse their sites in amazement. Take a look at the originator of the idea The Moon Topples Phoctober , or browse through Jefferson Davis, pics, they're really lovely, and I really mean that.

So, because I neither know how to operate a camera or have the photographic eye, I’m just gonna do one post with some bits and bobs from the happy snaps . . .think of it as 'snaptober' . . . don’t take them seriously folks, after the last couple of posts, it's some light relief:

The Coathanger

Night at the Opera

This isn't going to end well

Smal concession to romance


Gimme a home among the gum trees, and lotsa plum trees, a sheep or two and a kangaroo

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bicycle photos reminded me of a guy falling into a manhole I saw once.

Despite your better instincts, and the fact that you know he could be hurt, you have to laugh.

Unknown said...

Phoctober has been a great boost for me. I am not a photographer either, my shots are taken near my house with a simple digi point and shoot. It has been great to see everyday shots taken all over the world.

The Moon Topples said...

I especially like the shot of the hands. Very warm. And I have the same blurriness issue with night shots, so we have that in common. The stupid aperture just stays open too long, and I'm apparently never going to correct this with a tripod.

Thanks so much for the nice things you've said. I hope you won't mind being linked from tomorrow's Phoctober. I'll be sure to mention that you're calling your stuff Snaptober instead.

Baino said...

DAZ: I knew you'd appreciate that one remind me never to trip in your presence.

Minx; Welcome.Aww damn. That means I should rise to the occasion with my little snapper.

TMT: Love your stuff and thanks I made the opera house and bride deliberately blurry, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Baino said...

haha . I meant bridge . . .

Anonymous said...

Baino, the action shots are fantastic!!! And, I really mean that! :)

Thanks you for the linky! Keep workin' at it. If you need any technical assistance, just give me a buzz! That goes for the rest of you as well. :)

Excuse me, while I try and snap some pictures of the moon. It is being a bit shy tonight, what with the clouds and all. :-D

Excellent Adventures said...

Apparently I have the hands of a dead person! These are pretty good for you mum, considering you don't know how to turn the flash off a powershot...

Unknown said...

These are such fun! And yeah, you just knew that bike trick was so not going to end well!
PS love the name Snaptober! ;-)

Baino said...

CB: I love the hands, I know it makes you a little sentimental but it's a great sot.
AV: I am what I am, aint no use pretendin' The kid's right. Don't know my aperture from my overture.

Taffiny said...

Love the tree
beautiful feeling one gets from the hands.
Is it okay that I laughed when he planted (fell)?