Ah well . . . ButterflyGirl's going to lunch, Char gets a romantic dinner and a bear hug from the Truckie, Arky probably gets a glass thrown at him for buying something inappropriate or not sourcing white tulips, Stan will no doubt get lots of kisses and hugs from the insta-family . . . even Stresssany and BabyBro will extend their 25th Anniversary and I'm damn sure Babysis will insist on Jewellery . . . she'll buy it herself! And, my romantic little DrummerBoy will be taking the Fringelet to dinner.
So, that leaves ClareBear and I . . . sadly single but together this Valentine's Day.
Perhaps we'll go pub crawling and ask single men to marry us . . . who knows, we might get lucky
Here are some thoughts for lovers young and old on this romantic day . . .
- If love is blind, then why is lingerie so popular?
- Falling in love is so hard on the knees (Stephen Tyler)
- Love is a grave mental disease (Plato)
- Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs (Shakespeare)
- Never go to bed mad . . . stay up and fight! (Phyllis Diller)
- Love is like war . . .easy to begin but hard to end!
- Love has the power of making you believe what you would normally treat with the deepest suspicion
- It is not uncommon for slight acquaintances to get married, but a couple really have to know each other to get divorced
- I love being married, it's so nice to finally find someone special who you can annoy your whole life (Rita Rudner)
- Women like me because I make them laugh and what is an orgasm other than laughter of the loins (Mickey Rooney)
- Marriage is a fine institution - but I'm not ready for an institution (Mae West) . . . .
and finally, my few words of wisdom:
There is your first love, your great love and your last love . . . wherever the latter is, he'd better hurry up, I'm not gettin' any younger!