Saturday, February 03, 2007

It's a Lonely Time

For some reason, I have an inability to sleep beyond 6.00am . . . five or six hours a night and I'm done. Whether it has something to do with ThePrincess shafting me from my side of the bed by squeezing into the spare 20cm of mattress available or whether I'm just a light sleeper and the morning chorus acts as an alarm I don't know but here I am, as always, 7.00 on a Saturday morning watching black women's bottom's wiggling on rage as an alternative to Barney or a bunch of kids anime style cartoons and Chinese news on SBS . . I've had my requisite 2 cups of tea and 2 cigarettes and am now bored shitless as the sun shimmers through the gum trees, the lorikeets do their best to wake the dead and the dogs come trotting back from their early morning adventures. The garden looks gorgeous in this early morning light and betrays how dry the ground really is, things are dewey and golden - gawd listen to me wax lyrical. But it's too early to get out the vacuum (Saturday morning is cleaning time), too quiet to bash the bottles into the recycle bin and crank up the washing machine so what do I do . . .sit alone, download some free gantt chart software, checkout whether there are any interesting podcasts, look at my photos and wait for the day to start . . .it's a lonely and reflective time . . .OK, I've had enough now, back to the Pussycat Dolls and Justin Timberlake on Rage . . .maybe Totally Wild will be on soon . .

No comments: