Friday, September 07, 2007

Thank God for the Hairy Man

How it should be done:



How we do it:



And finally . . .my favourite:


Now it's your turn here are the Maori words:
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tenei tangata puhuru huru
Nana nei I tiki mai
Whakawhiti te ra
A upa … ne! ka upa … ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra
Hi!!!

and in English

It’s death! It’s death! It’s life! It’s life!
It’s death! It’s death! It’s life! It’s life!
This is the hairy man
Who brought up the sun
And caused it to shine again on me
One upward step!
Another upward step!
Up to the top! .. the Sun shines!!!

mmm . . . loses a bit of power in the translation! Love it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha the gingerbread men are gas, I used to go out with a lad and everytime he got pissed he would hop up on the nearest bar and give his rendition, truly mortifying.

Anonymous said...

WAY cool!!! I've always loved that. I'm going to learn it and yell it at people who piss me off.
I'll have to learn how to shake my tongue too because that's just trippy.

Baino said...

Funny stuff eh! Welcome back K8!

fishboy said...

Heh, love those gingerbread men :)

Baino said...

Hey welcome fellow antipodean. (The Irish are taking over my blog God bless 'em) Nice to have someone in my time zone!

Unknown said...

ooh er, scary those gingerbread men - I'd be more scared of them than than the kiwis.

I heard it said the Saffas were going to do a Zulu war dance for the world cup... more ooh er...

Baino said...

Vanilla: I hope they do, it's the best bit about rugby . . I can watch the posturing then turn it off! (Fairweather spectator that I am)