Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Cruelest Awakening

BabyBro's 25th wedding anniversary lunch went on well into the night. They were still kicking on at 10:30 at which time I realised standing was not possible without shifting weight from one leg to another or leaning on a verandah post. I can't remember what shit I was talking but pretty sure sense had been thrown out the window. The problem was hardly any food, little nibbly bits from 2.00 onwards and loads of Trilogy sparkling so that, combined with a farkin hot day saw me macerated by 7.00. For the first time in a long time, I crashed fully clothed and didn't stir until the cruelest of awakenings . . .the dickhead's up early smashing cans and bottles into the recycle wheelie bin at 8:30 in the morning! Gawd, I wasn't the only one nursing a hangover, there were three bodies in my loungeroom and DrummerBoy trying to get a good night's kip . . . I'm really glad now that I didn't buy them a present . . .wait till next Saturday, the blower gets cranked up at 8 in the morning . . .two can play at that game!

No comments: