Chocolate: aint good for dawgs because it contains theobromine, a compound that is a cardiac stimulant and a diuretic. Which will make your dog wet the floor while it has a heart attack.
Onions: contain the toxic ingredient thiosulphate and cause gastroentiritis and vomiting at toxic levels which can happen some time after the onioins have been ingested. Hence Pizza is OUT for dogs. Unfortunately, this can happen some time after ingestion . . . sheeet yeah
Macadamia nuts: (as if you're gonna give your chocolate coated macas to the flamin' dawg). The toxic compound is unknown but the affect of macadamia nuts is to cause locomotory difficulties. Dogs develop a tremor and weakness or paralysis of the hindquarters. (bit like me late in the evening actually . . . )
And that's not all folks all these can cause doggy downness:
- Pear pips, the kernels of plums, peaches and apricots, apple core pips (contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide posioning)
- Potato peelings and green looking potatoes
- Rhubarb leaves
- Mouldy/spoiled foods
- Yeast dough
- Coffee grounds, beans & tea (caffeine)
- Hops (used in home brewing)
- Tomato leaves & stems (green parts)
- Broccoli (in large amounts)
- Raisins and grapes
- Cigarettes, tobacco, cigars
Tell that to a labarador!