Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Clothes Maketh the Woman (apparently)

There was a frost this morning and where I live in ‘Brigadoon’, it was very chilly on the lilly. So, this morning, I broke out the grey suit as a jacket was definitely on the Agenda. The same trousers and pale pink T-shirt I’ve worn to work hundreds of times but this time with the addition of a tailored jacket. Apparently, it makes all the difference.

My colleagues have asked whether I’m going for a job interview, have an important meeting or even lost weight (liked that one!). As a very casual workplace, I’m generally the T-shirt and trouser girl or occasionaly a collared shirt or sweater but always matched with pants and flats. So there you go gals . . .want to get compliments without fishing . . . wear a suit! Gotta say, it works for the blokes as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter what a bloke looks like, if he's wearing Army gear, he'll turn my head every time.

Baino said...

Fwoooar - too right! I'm a Fireman girl myself. Something about those reflectors, the big boots and the silly hat!

Anonymous said...

swat - navy overalls and big black boots with shiny things on them

Baino said...

bainYou are my daughter and I don't want you trapesing around the world having massive crushes on anyh hombre in uniform. In South America, uniforms are bad mkay. Gimme my baby back, baby back, baby back . . .

Baino said...

sorry it was late and a few chardy's on . . .