Friday, May 18, 2007

Rehearsal Night

Ok it's 8:45. The marquee is up, the caterers (Nick and Belina and another girl who's name I can't remember) have assured me that next week's gig is gonna be a blast and they all have it under control. Gilbert has arrived in an enormous ute with foldbacks and amplifiers . . the beer is flowing and I've just spillled half a bottle of champers on the floor (bugga). They're setting up and this is the first time I've heard them live for a long time. I don't know whether to be an American Gothic dragon or the 'khule' mum. More later as the night goes on. I'm about to order 10 pizzas. Ocky reckons his voice is a bit scratchy. OMG what will the neighbours think. They're actually nice kids. I just want to put my tracky daks on but have to look like the responsible adult and this is only the dress rehearsal. I am mad, fabulous, understanding, a wonderful parent or as Brian suggest - a brave woman! Send me your goodvibes folks. Stay tuned!

No comments: