Scientists from the University of Tasmania have discovered that echidnas have some unusual mating habits. Associate Professor Nichol says the research team has discovered the males do not always wait for the females to emerge from hibernation before making their move. Brings a whole new meaning to popular Australian foreplay "Are you awake love?"
It may be rude, but it helps beat the competition.
Some echidnas stay in hibernation from January to as late as October. Actually I know some women who could sleep through sex!
At least our female echidnas don't have to put up with stupid pickup lines . . .
- Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer.
- How bout you, me, and privacy?
- Can I have a picture? ......So I can show Santa EXACTLY what I want for Christmas.
- Could you please step away from the bar? You're melting all the ice.
- Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?
- Do you sleep on your stomach? No? Can I?
- Hey, do you know what winks and makes love like a tiger? *WINK*
- I may not be Fred Flintstone but I can make your bed rock!
- I'd buy you a drink, but I'd be jealous of the straw.
- Well? Have you saved up enough to take me out yet?
- Whoops! Sorry, I thought that was a Braille name tag