Saturday, July 14, 2007

Fashionably On Time

I am a puncutal person. Not the first to arrive but I contrive very carefully to never be more than 15 minutes after the official start time. It's inherrant, my kids call it anal but if someone invites you for 7:30, you arrive at 7:45. For years, I lived with a man for whom puncutality was a nonsense. I missed the first 20 minutes of I don't know how many movies, some who exposed the plot early in the peace and made little sense because of the lost time. I've been locked out of concerts and theatres for not arriving on time and had the shit ragged out of me by half witted comediens for arriving late. We'd arrive at a Chinese Banquet after the Sang Choy Bow, miss the harbour cruise and have to drive to the next stop to catch the boat. Even whilst in labour with my second child, he's having a natter at 5:30 in the morning while I'm in the first stages of delivery. We missed flights, appointments or arrived unfashionably late at parties when the chips had all been eaten then got immensely drunk because of empty stomachs. So to this day, I am punctual and I expect others to be the same. Anally retentive - probably. Courteous to be on time? Certainly. Please don't keep me waiting. I don't take kindly to hanging around waiting for others to get their shit together. Then again, arrive at my place for dinner at 7.00 and expect to eat at 9.00 . . Okay, I get distracted with conversation and a few drinks but that's different.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate being late. If you invite me for 1930 I'll be there at 1925. If it's a ten minute drive I'll leave 20 minutes before hand. I hate being late.

Baino said...

hahaha . . You were more than late last night! You were a no show! Gotta lay off that Stromboli!

Anonymous said...

I laid down on my couch at 2045 your time. It's not my fault you waited until I was sound asleep to ring me!
:)
I was there, willing and ready....early no less.
:)

Baino said...

pffft. I pranked you and JD but you were obviously dreaming of better things! It's not my Podcast, just blame that unreliable southern git!